Aloo Ka Halwa:
Aloo ka halwa is one of the most popular and delicious North Indian desserts, specially prepared during fasting. This is a phalahari dessert and can be eaten in the days of fasting as well. You can prepare this delicious dessert, easily and quickly with few ingredients, just by the mix of grated potatoes, ghee, milk and sugar. let’s learn how to make Aloo ka halwa at home.
More recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Level Of Cooking: medium
- 2 cups potatoes boiled, peeled and grated or mashed
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar or to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mixed dry nuts Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- pinch strands of saffron
Soak the saffron in a 1/4 cup warm milk.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over the medium-low flame.
- Add grated potatoes and sauté well.
- sauté this on low-medium heat till it sweet aroma starts to come, *more you sauté the better the halwa tastes.
- Add milk and sugar and mix well there should not any lumps.
- Stir this till it leaves ghee or starts leaving the pan.
Add cardamom powder and saffron. mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
aloo ka halwa is ready to serve.
Garnished with nuts and serve warm.