Sabudana Kheer is a most popular Indian sweet dish, which is prepared with sago and milk. This traditional Indian sweet sabudana kheer is commonly prepared during the festivals and some of the fasting days like Navratri, Shivratri, Janmashtami etc.
For this kheer, we just need to wash the sabudana in water and drain well then soak in water for at least 15 minutes,then heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium flame, when milk comes to boil, add soaked sago and cook it on low flame for 20-30 minutes, now add cardamom powder, dry chopped nuts and sugar and stir well until it dissolves completely.
Main Ingredients: sago and milk
Level of cooking: Easy
- 1 cup Sago/Tapioca soaked
- 1 Litter Milk
- pinch Saffron /kesar
- 1.5 tablespoon mixed nuts chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- Soak the saffron strands In a 1 tablespoon, warm milk.
- Soak the sago into the water for 15 minutes.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom, pan over medium heat.
- Now add sago after draining the water.
Cook it on low heat until the sabudana becomes enlarged.
Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the sabudana becomes swollen and translucent.
- Stir constantly, and cook until perfectly cooked.
- Now add saffron and cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Add sugar and mix it well and cook until sugar dissolves completely.
- Finally, add chopped nuts mix it well, and switch off the flame.
- Sabudana Kheer is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot or chill as per your choice.
The time of absorption in water depends only on the species of sago.
For recipe variations you can also add chocolate syrup
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check: