Chickpeas Sundal is a healthy South Indian style protein-rich snack, chickpeas Sundal is a savoury snack that is very popular in the south India. It is generally served as prasadam after puja festivals like Ganesh Utsav, Navratri and Janmashtami.
Chickpeas Sundal has dry texture so you can have it as a tea time snack.
You could use any lentil/ gram for this dish. kidney beans work really well, also green peas or Bengal gram.
More snacks recipes from this blog you might like :
How to make Chickpeas Sundal:
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli chana)
- ½ teaspoon mango powder(optional)
- ¼ cup grated Coconut
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Urad dal
- 2-3 Red chillies broken into pieces
- Pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder, optional
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli, optional
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. Rinse well.
- Add fresh water and pressure-cook with required salt till soft.
- The chickpeas should be soft but not mushy. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters, and add urad dal.
- Fry till urad turns golden brown.
- Add red chilli, hing, green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Then add cooked chickpeas, salt, and grated coconut and give it a nice stir.
- Add mango powder mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Chickpeas sundal is ready to be served.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!