Chickpeas sundal is a healthy, tasty south Indian style protein-rich savoury snack which is very popular in south India.
These sundals are usually served as prasadam after puja festivals like Ganesh Utsav, Navratri and Janmashtami.
Chickpeas Sundal has dry texture so you can have it as a tea time snack.
You could also use any other lentil or gram for this.
More snacks recipes from this blog you might like :
Level of cooking: easy
- 1 cup Chickpeas /Kabuli chana
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder optional
- ¼ cup Coconut grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Urad dal
- 2 Red chillies broken into pieces
- Pinch of asafoetida Hing
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli optional
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli chopped, optional
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. Rinse well.
- Add fresh water and pressure-cook with required salt till soft.
- The chickpeas should be soft but not mushy. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters, and add urad dal.
- Fry till urad turns golden brown.
- Add red chilli, hing, green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Then add cooked chickpeas, salt, and grated coconut and give it a nice stir.
- Add mango powder mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Chickpeas sundal is ready to be served.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!