Vermicelli pudding/ Seviyan Kheer:
Vermicelli pudding is also known as Seviyan Kheer /Payasam, it is one of the most popular traditional Indian desserts. Vermicelli puddings recipe is easy, this kheer required few ingredients(vermicelli or seviyan, milk and sugar), and it’s yummy that’s why vermicelli pudding is commonly prepared, in every Indian household especially during festivals and occasions.
More recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter ghee
- ¼ cup vermicelli sevaiyan
- 500 ml milk
- ¼ cup condensed milk optional
- 2 teaspoon raisins kismis
- 1 teaspoon chironji optional
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom elaichi powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar optional
- 2 teaspoon almonds slivers
- 2 teaspoon cashew nuts slivers
- 2 teaspoon pistachio slivers
- On the medium flame, in a pan, heat the ghee.
- Add vermicelli to the ghee, and fry until the vermicelli turns into golden brown colour.
- Pour the warm milk into the vermicelli and boil it, on medium flame.
- Add the condensed milk or sugar in vermicelli and mix it well.
- Now cook this mixture on medium-low flame, for 5-8 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, chironji, chopped dried fruits and raisins, and mix it well.
- Cook this pudding for two minutes.
- If the pudding is too thick, then you can add a little lukewarm milk.
- Mix it well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with the dried fruit of choice
- Serve hot or cold.
you can skip the sugar if you are adding condensed milk.
you can adjust the thickness by adding more milk, according to your taste: