More recipes from this blog you might like:
Suji Ka Pua |Sweet Pua |Sweet Semolina Fritters(step by step with photo)
Mix all the ingredients semolina, sugar, yoghurt, and cardamom powder in the bowl.
Cover it and keep aside for half an hour to ferment.
Heat oil for deep-frying, in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat and put the little mixture in hot oil.
Fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown then take out.
Drain onto an absorbent paper and serve.
Serve hot or cold Sweet Suji Pua with tea.
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 1 cup Semolina Rawa/suji
- ¼ cup Sugar or to taste
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ghee optional
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 200 ml Oil or ghee to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients semolina, sugar, yoghurt ghee and cardamom powder in the bowl.
- Cover it and keep aside for half an hour to ferment.
- On medium heat pour oil in a deep pan(Kadhai) and heat it sufficiently.
- Stir the batter well and take little amounts of a mixture at a time and put it in hot oil.
- In this manner take mixture in your hands again and put more proportion to the oil, in the pan.
- Fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown then take out.
- Fry all Puas in the same process.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot or cold Sweet Suji Pua with tea.
- Instead of yoghurt, you can use mashed ripe banana.
- You can use saunf in place of cardamom powder.
- Add some milk or yoghurt if required to adjust the consistency of a batter.
- The mixture for Pua has to be thick like the one used for Pakoda.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!