Spicy Crispy Puffed Rice | Kurmura chavda Recipe
Spicy crispy puffed rice is a very popular Indian tea time snack. It is also known as Kurmura chavda or Murmura Namkeen in some parts of the Country. Spicy crispy puffed rice is one of the easy to make tea time snacks in India. Peanuts, nuts and puffed rice are the essential ingredients in this Preparation.
More Recipes from this blog you might like this:
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 1 cup Puffed Rice
- t tablespoon oil to fry
- A pinch Asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies chopped or to taste
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- ¼ cup chana dal Roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder optional
- 1/2 cup Peanuts with skin
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium low heat, put peanuts in the oil, fry on a low flame till they turn light brown then take them out.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil over medium flame, in another pan.
- Add asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté till the curry leaves become crisp.
- Add roasted chana dal and sauté for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Add puffed rice and mix well.
- Add fried peanuts and chat masala and mix well so that all the mixture gets evenly coated with spices on low flame.
- Our spicy crispy Murmura Chiwda is ready to serve.
- Store in airtight container once it cools.
There is no hard rule for the measurements in this recipe.[br]You can use ingredients according to your preference; Feel free to plus or minus the ingredients of your choice.[br]You can add a little sugar if you want or you can avoid sugar or adjust the quantity as per your taste.[br]You can also add cashews, almonds and raisins as per your taste.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!