seviyan kheer is a traditional and popular Indian dessert and its recipe is very easy. seviyan kheer is prepared with milk, Vermicelli, and sugar and flavoured with cardamom.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
How to make Seviyan Kheer
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter(ghee)
- ¼ cup vermicelli (sevaiyan)
- 500 ml milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup chopped dried fruits
- 2 tablespoon raisins (kismis)
- 1 teaspoon chironji
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat the ghee in a Heavy bottom pan.
- Add the vermicelli and fry until the vermicelli turns to golden brown colour.
- Pour the milk into the vermicelli and boil it on medium flame.
- Add the condensed milk in vermicelli and mix well.
- Now cooked it(vermicelli) for 5-8 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Add the cardamom powder, chironji, chopped dry fruits and raisins mix well, and cooked it for another 2 minutes.
- If the Kheer is too thick, add a little hot milk and mix it well.
- Garnish with dry fruits of choice.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Dry fruits can be added as per your choice.
- You can also add some saffron or rose water to the seviyan kheer.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!