Rajma masala is one of the most popular, tasty and healthy Indian dishes. I am sure, if you eat rajma masala once, you will definitely like it and would like to eat again.
if you are looking for more recipes please do check:
Methi matar malai
How to make Rajma Masala:
Rajma Masala Recipe:
Prep time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 min Serves: 4
Main Ingredients: Red kidney beans (rajma), Onions and tomatoes
Recipe Type: Dals and curry
Level of Cooking: Medium
- 1.5 cups red kidney beans (Rajma)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped or grated as per taste
- 1 tablespoon, grated or chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 6 8 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2-3 fresh green chillies chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- First of all wash the beans properly, then soak them in six cups of water at least for six hours.
*The beans will be double in volume.
- In a pressure cooker cook the beans, with 3 cups of water and salt.
*Until it becomes soft.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or pressure cooker.
- Add asafoetida and cumin seeds, bay leaves and onion, and cook over medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, green chilli, garlic, and saute this mixture over medium flame, for about 2-3 minutes until it turns into a golden colour.
- Now add tomato puree, mix well and cook over a medium flame for about 2-3 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, black pepper.
- Cook it over medium flame, until the oil separates out from the masala.
- Add the boiled beans to the masala and mix it well, now add garam masala powder. *Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, cook it for about 10 minutes, over the low flame.
- Turn off the flame and wait until the steam has stopped before opening the pressure cooker.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)