Poha kheer /flattened rice pudding is another variation of traditional rice pudding. The recipe of Poha Kheer is very easy, and this Kheer is as tasty as the traditional Indian rice kheer so you can enjoy it on any festival occasion. Hope you like this recipe and give it a try. I’d love to hear from you.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check.
green pea kheer
boondi ki Kheer
Poha kheer Recipe:
Prep Time: 5M Cook Time: 20M totalTime: 25M Serves: 2
Main Ingredients: Poha, sugar and milk.
Recipe Type: Desserts.
Cuisine: Karnataka, india
Cooking level: Medium.
- 1/2 cup Poha/Choora ( Flattened rice)
- 500 ml Milk
- Dry fruits as per your choice
- Sugar to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- saffron few strands
- Heat the milk in a deep pan, over medium flame.
- Add poha to milk, when milk starts to boil.
- Cook this poha and milk mixture, for 5-8 minutes, over the low flame, while stirring continuously.
- Add sugar, and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron and dried fruits and mix it well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Poha kheer is ready.
- Garnish it, and serve it hot or cold as per your taste.
- Poha could be wash before making kheer.
- You can adjust the thickness according to your taste, by adding more milk.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 55 times, 1 visits today)