Poha Kheer :
Poha kheer is one of the quick, simple and easy to make flattened rice dessert, especially in south India. Poha Kheer is as delicious as rice Kheer. I’m pretty sure that if you taste Poha ki Kheer once, you will definitely like it.
More recipes from this blog you might like, please do check:
How to make Poha kheer:
- ½ cup Poha/Choora ( Flattened rice)
- 500 ml Milk
- Dry fruits as per your choice
- Sugar to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- saffron few strands
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- When milk brings to boil, reduce the flame and add Poha into it.
- Cook it on low flame, stir continuously so that Kheer doesn't stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Cook till Flattened rice turns puffy, cooked and Poha nicely mix with the milk.
- Add sugar and mix well until sugar dissolves completely. stir the kheer very nicely by bringing the ladle to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron and dry fruits in kheer and cook in low flame until kheer gets thick in consistency.
- Poha kheer is now ready.
- Take out Kheer in another bowl and garnish with dry fruits.
- Poha kheer can be served hot or chilled.
- Poha can be washed before making kheer and immediately take Poha out of the water.Enjoy!If you liked this, please share. Thanks!