Palak Paneer is the most popular paneer dish from North India, prepared with cottage cheese in a creamy spinach puree and seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic, garam masala and other Indian spices. This creamy spinach and cottage cheese curry go well with both roti and rice, that’s why it is a popular course option. let’s learn how to make a delicious palak paneer curry at home.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
- 250 gram chopped spinach
- 200-gram paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ cup fresh tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon green chillies, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- Blanch the spinach in a vessel full of boiling water for 2 minutes, drain it, and refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool down.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- Add the onions, and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add green chilli, ginger and garlic saute for a minute over medium heat.
- Now, add tomato pulp, turmeric powder and coriander powder mix it well and cook over a medium flame till the mixture leaves oil.while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach purée and little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the salt, garam masala and fresh cream and mix it well.
- Finally, add the paneer, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Palak paneer is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with roti.
- you can skip the cream in this curry.
- Adjust the thickness of gravy, and spices according to your taste.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!