Palak paneer is the most popular classic vegetarian paneer dish from north India, in this recipe, fresh spinach and paneer with fresh ginger, garlic and garam masala make a delicious dish.This is my mom’s recipe, I am sure if you are fond of Indian food, you will definitely like it.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
methi malai paneer
methi matar malai
Palak Paneer Recipe:
Prep time: 20 mins cook Time: 15 min Serves: 3
Main Ingredient: spinach and cottage cheese
Recipe type: curry and dal
Level of cooking: medium
- 5 cups chopped spinach (palak)
- 250 grams cottage cheese, cut cubes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh tomato pulp
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
Blanch the spinach in a vessel full of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain, refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool for sometime.
Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan over medium flame, and fry the onion, until it becomes transparent.
- Now add garlic, ginger, green chilli and turmeric powder and roast it on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato pulp to the mixture, and saute on medium flame, until it leaves the oil. *while stirring continuously.
- Now add spinach puree and 1/4 cup water to this mixture, and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add fresh cream, and mix it well, now add salt and garam masala to it and mix well.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Enjoy! If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)