Palak Paneer is the most popular paneer dish from North India, prepared with cottage cheese in a creamy spinach puree and seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic, garam masala
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
- 250- gram spinach chopped
- 200- gram paneer cottage cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ cup tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- Blanch the spinach in a vessel full of boiling water for 2 minutes, drain it, and refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool down.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- Add the onions, and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add green chilli, ginger and garlic saute for a minute over medium heat.
- Now, add tomato pulp, turmeric powder and coriander powder mix it well and cook over a medium flame till the mixture leaves oil.while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach purée and little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the salt, garam masala and fresh cream and mix it well.
- Finally, add the paneer, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Palak paneer is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with roti.
- you can skip the cream in this curry.
- Adjust the thickness of gravy, and spices according to your taste.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!