Coconut and Melon seeds Katli-easy Katli Recipe-Nariyal Magaz Katli
Nariyal Magaz Katli is a very popular Indian sweet dishes, generally prepared for Laddu Gopal (Lord Krishna) on the occasion of Janmashtami. Nariyal Magaz Katli is a tasty, soft coconut dessert that is easy to prepare, and this recipe requires few with ingredients.
Nariyal Magaz Katli Recipe:
Prep time:15 min Cooking Time: 45-50 min Serves: 2-3
Main Ingredient: Coconut, Melon seeds, and sugar.
Level of cooking: Easy
- 1.5 cup grated or desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup melon seeds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A greased plate to set the Katli/Paak
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee or unsalted butter
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ghee in a pan over low heat and add the melon seeds.
- Stir fry on low heat till they start crackling.
- Cover the pan with a lid to avoid splattering.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In another pan, warm the water and sugar together over Low heat till the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, let the syrup boil over medium-high heat till it reaches to 2 string consistency.(*stir the sugar syrup at regular intervals.)
- Now switch off the flame.
- Add roasted Melon seeds, cardamom powder and coconut into the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Now transfer this mixture to the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool down for 30 minutes in refrigerator or till it set.
- Cut into pieces of the desired size using a sharp knife.
- Nariyal Magaz Katli is ready to serve.
- The consistency of sugar syrup must be perfect otherwise either the paag/paak will not set at all or become so hard.
- Mixing and spreading process should be done quickly otherwise, it may harden before spreading.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 103 times, 1 visits today)