Mushroom Soup :
Mushroom soup is one of my favourite soups of all time. Mushroom soup is a delicious, healthy, simple and quick to make. I am sure once you taste it you will definitely like this classic, smooth cream of mushroom soup.
more healthy veg recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
- 1 cup Button mushrooms washed and chopped
- 1.5 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Onions roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Refined flour maida
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of white or black pepper powder
- 2 Bay leaves optional
- 4-5 Peppercorns optional
- 2 cups of warm water
- Boil the milk along with bay leaves and Peppercorns.
- Strain and keep the milk hot.
- Melt the butter in a deep pan, over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add refined flour and saute till the raw smells disappear.
- Pour warm water gently and stir continuously to avoid lumps from forming.
Cook it for five minutes or until the mushrooms get cooked over medium heat.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth puree, transfer this puree into the deep pan.
- Add milk mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper powder
- Serve hot.
The soup should have a nice texture. Bring it to a boil, correct consistency by adding more milk or water if required.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!