Mushroom matar malai:
Mushroom matar malai is an easy variation of methi matar malai, which is one of the most popular North Indian curry dishes. As the name suggests it is a tempting curry prepared with mushrooms, green peas(matar), fresh cream (malai) and some Indian spice powders. This spicy, tangy mushroom matar malai curry, usually served with roti and all other types of Indian flatbread like paratha, naan, puri etc.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ cup onion paste
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon cream
- ½ cup green peas frozen or blanched
- 200- gram mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Heat the oil in deep pan, over medium heat and add cumin seeds and saute.
- When the cumin seeds start to crackle, add green chilli, and ginger garlic paste and saute on medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and saute this mixture on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, mix it well and cook until it starts leaving the oil.
- Now add gram masala, turmeric powder and coriander powder, mix it well and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add green peas and chopped mushrooms, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ½ cup milk, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix it well and cook for 5-8 minutes or till mushrooms are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add the fresh cream and crushed fenugreek leaves, mix well a cook on medium flame for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve it hot with roti or paratha.
- Adjust the thickness according to your requirement.