Methi Matar Malai:
Methi Matar Malai is a very popular, aromatic, rich and healthy North Indian dish. It is a simple Indian gravy recipe. As the name says it is made from methi (fenugreek leaves), matar (green peas), malai (cream) with some spices.
More recipes from this blog you might like:
Ragi-Finger millet Cheela
Eggless Whole Wheat coconut cookies
Dry Fruits chikki/brittle
No Bake Oats-Peanut Ladoos
How to make methi matar malai:
Main Ingredients: Fenugreek leaves, green peas and fresh cream
Recipe Type: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Level of Cooking: Easy
Methi Matar Malai Recipe:
Prep time: 15mins cook Time: 30 min Serves: 3
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1.5 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2-3 green chilli
- 6 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon cashew nuts
- 2″ ginger piece
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2-4 green cardamom Pods
- 1/2″ cinnamon stick
- 4-6 black peppercorn
- 4 clove
- Wash the fenugreek leaves, finely chopped them, Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Wait for 15 minutes and then squeeze out the water.
- For paste combine few ingredients first, ¼ cup chopped onion, 2-3 green chilli, 2 teaspoons roughly chopped ginger, garlic cloves, broken cashew nuts, and poppy seeds. Grind them into a smooth paste, using little water.
- For dry masala powder, we will lightly dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, peppercorn, and cumin seeds together, and grind it into a fine powder.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add the fenugreek and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fenugreek.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan, once the oil is hot we will add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped onions, and we will saute them on medium flame, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the onions are slightly brown, add prepared a smooth paste, saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, keep stirring continuously.
- Add fresh tomato pulp and masala powder, mix it well and cook it over medium flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add green peas, fenugreek leaves, milk, sugar, salt cream and 2-3 tablespoon water, mix well.
- Cook it for about 3-4 minutes, stir it occasionally in between.
- Methi matar malai is ready to serve.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)