Malai Kesar Peda :
Malai Kesar Peda is one of the most popular, rich, milk-based Indian desserts. This Malai Kesar Peda is a perfect dessert for the festive occasions and celebrations.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Instant bread Gulab Jamun
How to make Malai Kesar Peda:
Malai Kesar Peda Recipe:
Prep time: 5 min Cooking Time: 40-50 min Serves: 8-10
Main Ingredients: milk & sugar
Recipe Type: sweet &Dessert
Level of cooking: Difficult
Author: Swati Pathak
- Whole milk 1 litter
- Saffron (Kesar) a few strands
- 2 tablespoon normal milk
- 2 tablespoon warm milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 pinch Citric acid
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Almonds chopped as per choice
- Pistachios chopped as per choice
- Saffron strands as per choice
- Soak the saffron in two teaspoons of warm milk and keep aside.
- Mix the cornflour with normal milk and keep aside.
- Mix the citric acid in one tablespoon of water and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Then Cook over medium flame for about 20-30 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan, till the milk reduces to half its original quantity.
- Add the sugar and saffron milk continues to cook for 5 minutes over a medium flame while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the boiling milk and mix well.
- Add citric acid mixture gradually to the boiling milk.
- Cook over medium flame till the mixture resembles mava (khoya) while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion and shape into round balls or as desired.
- Garnish with almonds, saffron or pistachios as per choice.
- Serve or store refrigerated until use.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)