Khoya Kheer :
If you are a sweet tooth, I am sure you will differently love this Indian pudding khoya kheer. Khoya Kheer is one of most popular and delicious variation of simple rice kheer. The Mawa Kheer is mainly made from Khoya and Nuts, which gives it a creamy texture and a rich Taste.
More recipes from my blog you might like please do check:
Level of cooking: easy
- 1.5 litre milk
- 1/4 cup rice soaked and grounded
- 1 teaspoon Almonds slivered
- 1/2 cup Khoya or Mawa
- Sugar to taste
- Pinch of Saffron dissolved in 2-3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 teaspoon Pistachio slivered
- 1 teaspoon chironji
- In a heavy bottom vessel over medium heat boil the milk.
- Add dry fruits and ground rice to the milk once the milk starts to boil.
- Cook till rice cooks completely, while still continuing to avoid sticking.
- Once the rice is completely cooked and the milk level reduces to the half.
- Add crushed khoya/mawa while stirring it continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the sugar according to your taste.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves completely in the mixture.
- Add The saffron with milk.
- Allow it cool down; later put it in the refrigerator.
- Kheer is ready to serve.
- You can adjust the thickness and sweetness according to your taste.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.9g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||41%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.8g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|
|Total Sugars 23.6g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!