Kheere Ka Rai wala Raita:
Kheere ka rai wala raita is one of the most popular dishes in Uttarakhand. In this cucumber raita, mustard powder and green chilli are most important components, which give it a savoury taste. This Raita is traditionally served with Aloo ke gutke and pouri in Uttrakhand, but you can serve it with any kind of Indian meal.
More recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 2 cups yoghurt Dahi
- 1 cup cucumber grated Kheera
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon green chilli chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder optional
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt to taste
- Grind the mustard seeds with little water in a stone mortar and pestle and keep aside or make a fine powder of mustard seeds.
- Wash, peel and grate the cucumber.
- Squeeze out all the water from the grated cucumber and keep it aside in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat the yoghurt to get a smooth consistency.
- Add grated cucumber in beaten yoghurt and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, mustard seed paste or mustard powder, green chilli and Stir to combine.
- Keep it aside for at least 30 min at room temperature for the tangy taste.
- Garnish the raita with the coriander leaves.
- Serve this raita with any type of meal it goes well with aloo and puri.
- Kheere Ka Rai wala Raita recipe(step by step with photo)
Kheere Ka Rai wala Raita recipe(step by step with photo)
Washed, peeled, grated and squeezed cucumber.Beat the yoghurt to get a smooth consistency.Add all the ingredients cucumber, salt, turmeric, mustard powder or mustard paste, green chilli and coriander leaves in the beaten curd.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
serve after 30 minutes.
Enjoy! If you liked this, please share. Thanks!