Instant Bread Gulab Jamun:
Instant Bread Gulab jamun is a delicious and easy to prepare alternative of regular mawa gulab jamun. You can also use leftover bread for this recipe. Instant bread Gulab Jamun is an easy and tasty choice of Indian sweets, especially during festivals.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Instant bread Gulab Jamun recipe (step-by-step with a photo)
- Cut off the edges (brown crust) from the bread slices and discard it.
- Place the bread slices in a grinder jar and grind them finely to make crumbs.
- Transfer the breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Now add ghee and thickened milk in small portions to the breadcrumbs.
- Combine all ingredients(milk, ghee and breadcrumbs) together, and soft dough knead.
- Cover it, and keep aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Likewise, prepare smooth balls from the dough without applying much pressure. **The gulab jamuns will turn hard if you apply too much pressure.
- Heat enough ghee or oil in a wok or pan and fry the gulab jamuns on low flame.
- Keep stirring until they turn golden brown evenly.** If you keep them on high flame the gulab jamuns will turn brown faster but the inside will remain uncooked. So fry the gulab jamuns on a very low flame.
- Drain out the fried gulab jamuns on kitchen paper towel and let them cool down.
- Then drop these gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup and keep aside for 2-3 hours with this the gulab jamuns will soak the syrup and will turn sweet.
- Delicious bread gulab jamuns are ready to serve.
- This mouth-drooling and super delicious bread gulab jamun can be served warm or chilled.
- There should not be any cracks in the balls. If you see any cracks in the balls, then add some more milk to the dough and knead until smooth and soft.
- Make sure you heat the ghee sufficiently first after this reduce the flame and let it come to medium temperature.
- These bread gulab jamuns keeps good for 4-5 days if stored in the refrigerator.Enjoy!
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!