Homemade banana chips
Today I am going to share a very popular south Indian recipe which is homemade Banana Chips. If you like Banana, then you will love these traditional south Indian chips. These chips are prepared from raw bananas. These Banana chips are the perfect option for tea time snack.
More recipes from this blog:
Nutty Chocolate Cornflakes cluster recipe:
Eggless Soft Chewy Brownie Cookie
No-Bake Nutty chocolate, peanut butter & Oatmeal Cookies
Main ingredients: raw banana
level of cooking Medium
- 2 Raw bananas
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste, optional
- Oil for deep-frying
- 3 cup iced water
- Peel and slice the banana into thin slices with a slicer or knife.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to a bowl of iced water.
- Put the slices of banana into a water solution and let sit for 5-15 minutes.
- Transfer them to a colander and drain out the water completely from the chips.
- Spread out them on a kitchen cloth to take off moisture.
- Heat the oil.
- When it starts smoking add the banana slices in small batches,
- Fry the chips on a high flame, till they are crispy and golden.
- Transfer them to a paper napkin.
- Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!