Gajar Ka Halwa:
Gajar ka Halwa One of the most popular Indian dessert originated in Punjab. It is easy to make dessert made by simmering carrots in milk and sugar. you can make a tasty gajar ka
The most liked dessert in the winter season is gajar ka halwa. You can make it at home very easily.
Main ingredients: Carrot and milk
level of cooking: medium
- 500 gram carrot grated
- 1/4 cup clarified butter ghee
- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1/4 cup chopped dry fruits as per choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom elaichi powder
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrot.
Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom deep pan on low flame.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 5-8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the milk over roasted carrots and mix well. When it starts to boil reduce the flame.
- Keep on stirring in between.
- When the milk has 75% reduced, Add the sugar mix well and cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mava, mix well .cook until milk absorbed and mixture turns thick. It will take approx 10-15 minutes, stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking.
- Add the raisins and other nuts and cook for another 5 minute.
Gajar Ka Halwa is ready to serve.
- Always choose red and juicy carrots to make carrot pudding.
- For best results always cook carrot halwa in a low flame.
- To increase flavour, you can fry the mawa lightly on light flame.
- Carrot halwa can also serve with cold vanilla ice cream.