Dahi Chawal is an easy and quick and easy to make South Indian rice dish. Curd Rice is common to eat at the end of lunch and dinner in the south India. You can make it in few minutes if you have cooked plain rice.
Curd rice is also known in Indian languages as Dahi Chawal (Hindi), Thayir sadam (Tamil), Mosarnna (Kannada), Dahi Bhat (Marathi).
more rice recipes from this blog you might like:
Dahi Chawal | Yogurt (curd) Rice Recipe:
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup Plain curd
- ½ cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 dry red chilli, broken into pieces (optional)
- 1-2 chopped Green chillies (optional)
- 2 teaspoon split black lentils
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- fresh cilantro
- When the rice is hot, mash it nicely with a masher, add warm milk and mix well.
- When it has cooled, add curd, and needed salt and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to splutter, add dals and sauté for a few seconds until golden,
- Add chopped green chillis, curry leaves, and red chilli When the curry leaves turn crisp.
- Add asafoetida and switch off the stove.
- Add this to the mashed rice curd mixture.
- Garnish with
- pomegranates Curd-rice is ready.
- Serve at room temperature.
you can adjust the consistency by adding a little milk or curd or both.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!