Chawal Palak Pakoda:
Chawal Palak Pakoda is the most common and popular Indian snack which is usually prepared with leftover rice. Spinach and rice fritters are an excellent deep-fried evening snack option. We require only a few ingredients for this recipe, like chickpea flour, spinach, and rice. You can also use freshly cooked rice to make these yummy spinach and rice Pakora.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Main Ingredient: cooked Rice, spinach and gram flour
Level of cooking: Medium
- 1 cup steamed rice freshly cooked rice which has cooled or leftover cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1-2 Green chilli chopped, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder optional
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour besan
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch asafoetida
- Water as required
- Oil to frying
Take the cooked rice in a bowl
Add all the ingredients except oil and water.
Add water little by little at a time and make a fine thick lump free batter.
spinach and leftover rice fritters | palak aur chawal ka pakoda
Heat oil in a pan, take a small portion of the mixture and put it into the pan.
Put as many pakoras as you can in a pan at one time so each them get totally dipped into the oil.
Keep on turning and flipping the pakoras till they turn brown.
Take out the fried pakoras on a plate over a paper napkin.
Make more pakoras from the mixture, in the same way.
Hot and crispy Pakoras are ready. Serve them with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Adjust salt and chilli according to your taste.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!