Chawal ki Kheer:
Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding. In this recipe rice cooked with the milk, sugar and flavoured with nuts, cardamom, and saffron. Chawal ki Kheer can be served as Prasadam in Hindu Pooja, as sweet in festivals/ celebration and as dessert.
if you are looking for more kheer recipes do check.
How to make Chawal Ki Kheer :
- 1-liter full-fat milk
- ¼ cup basmati rice
- Sugar to taste
- 5-6 green cardamoms (hari elaichi)
- A pinch of saffron (kesar)
- 1-2 teaspoon Almonds blanched and sliced (badam)
- 15-20 pistachios blanched and sliced (pista)
- 15-20 cashews (kaju)
- 1-tablespoon raisins
- wash the rice very well and soak it in an adequate water for half an hour.
- Take the cardamoms in a mortar-pestle and then powder then finally, and keep aside.
- Boil rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Boil on low flame, and let the rice cook.
- Stir continuously after regular intervals.
- When the rice is almost ¾th done then add the almonds, cashews, cardamom powder, sugar and saffron.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- The whole process of cooking the kheer takes approx 35-40 minutes on a low flame.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!