Chawal ki Kheer/ rice kheer:
Chawal ki kheer/Rice kheer is most popular Indian dessert, especially during festivals and occasions, it is served as Prasadam in during Hindu Pooja.
Rice kheer is tasty and easy rice dessert. Kheer is an Indian version of pudding. In this kheer recipe, rice is cooked with the milk, sugar and flavoured with nuts, cardamom, and saffron.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Main Ingredient: rice and milk
Level of cooking: Medium
- 1 litre full-fat milk
- 1/2 cup rice
- Sugar to taste
- A pinch of saffron or cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Almonds blanched and sliced or as per choice
- 1 tablespoon pistachios blanched and sliced or as per choice
- 1 tablespoon Cashews chopped or as per choice
- 1 tablespoon Raisins or as per choice
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Soak the saffron strands In a 1 tablespoon, warm milk.
Wash the rice thoroughly and soak the rice in a water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes drain out the water from rice and keep it aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep pan, and bring it to boil.
- Add rice to milk and mix it well, cook over medium flame.
- Now cook rice with milk over medium heat.
- Add sugar now stir continuously at regular intervals.
Add dry fruits, cardamom powder and saffron, when rice becomes almost half.
- Cooked completely until the rice is completely mature and thick.
- switch off the flame and add raisins and mix well.
- chawal ki kheer is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or cold as per taste.
you can adjust the thickness and sweetness according to your taste.
Enjoy! If you liked this, please share. Thanks!