Instant Bread Gulab Jamun:
Gulab jamuns prepared with bread are as delicious as mawa Gulab Jamuns.
You can use leftover bread also for this. Bread Gulab Jamun is very easy to prepare and is a quick alternative to the regular mawa gulab jamuns. I have already posted Milk Powder Gulab Jamun recipe.
more recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- 8 White bread slices
- 1.5 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Thickened full cream milk
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Pinch of saffron strands
- Ghee or oil- for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Take 1.5 cups of sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and water in a deep pan.
- Bring mixture to boil over high flame.
- Add lemon juice to clarify the syrup, remove the scum.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the flame to medium and cook until sugar syrup is little sticky, stir occasionally in between/. Turn off the flame, after 10-15 minutes sugar syrup is ready. After deep frying gulab jamuns later, heat the sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes.
Instant bread gulab jamun recipe (step-by-step with a photo)
- Cut off the edges (brown crust) from the bread slices and discard it.
- Place the bread slices in a grinder jar and grind them finely to make crumbs.
- Transfer the breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Now add ghee and thickened milk in small portions to the breadcrumbs.
- Combine everything together and knead into soft dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Likewise, prepare smooth balls from the dough without applying much pressure.
**The gulab jamuns will turn hard if you apply too much pressure.
- Heat enough ghee or oil in a wok or pan and fry the gulab jamuns on low flame.
- Keep stirring until they turn golden brown evenly.
** If you keep them on high flame the gulab jamuns will turn brown faster but the inside will remain uncooked. So fry the gulab jamuns on very low flame.
- Drain out the fried gulab jamuns on kitchen paper towel and let them cool down.
- Then drop these gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup and keep aside for 2-3 hours with this the gulab jamuns will soak the syrup and will turn sweet.
- Delicious bread gulab jamuns are ready.
- Serve this mouth-drooling and super delicious bread gulab jamun can be served warm or chilled.
- If you see any cracks on the balls, then add some more milk to the dough and knead until smooth and soft.
- There should not be any cracks on the balls.
- Make sure you heat the ghee sufficiently first after this reduce the flame and let it come to medium temperature.
- These bread gulab jamuns keeps good for 4-5 days if stored in the refrigerator.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!