Beetroot raita is a healthy and bright coloured, beautiful looking popular yoghurt based healthy south Indian side dish. This pink coloured raita is the best ever with Parathas or as a side dish along with your main course meal.
More recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Main Ingredients: Beetroot and yoghurt/ dahi
Recipe Type: side
Taste: Mild Sweet
- 1 cup Beetroots boiled peeled and grated or chopped
- 1.5 cup Yogurt /Dahi/Yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder optional
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds or mint or coriander chopped as per choice optional
- Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add roasted cumin powder, green chilli, mustard Powder, and salt and mix well.
- Add beetroot and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds or mint or coriander chopped as per choice.
- Serve chilled.
How to make Beetroot Raita(Step by Step with photo)
Wash, boil, peel, and grate or chop the beetroot.
Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl.
Add roasted cumin powder, mustard powder, salt and beetroot.
Mix well, refrigerate for at least 30 min.
serve this colourful raita, chilled with roti/ paratha or raita as per your taste.
- The ratio of curd and beetroot is as per choice. You can change it according to your taste and preference.
- serve it chilled it tastes best when it served chilled.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!