Beetroot (chukander) Lassi:
Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is an awesome, healthy and easy to make a homemade drink, especially during summers. If you like beet then definitely love refreshing Beetroot (chukander) Lassi, For this lassi, you just need to blend all the ingredients together, until you get a fine puree. Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is ready to serve.
more recipes from this blog you might like:
Fresh Fig and Banana Smoothie
Apple Banana Milkshake
Beetroot (chukander) Lassi Recipe:
Main Ingredients: beetroot, yoghurt, and sugar
Recipe Type: Beverages
Author: Swati Paathak
Level of cooking: Easy
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt (or more if required)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Water if required
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoon or to taste Sugar
- Ice (optional)
- Wash and scrub the beets well, Place the beets on individual foils and close the top of the foil by pinching it.
- Place the foil encased beets in a 200 degree C oven and roast for approx 15 minutes or till done.
- When cool, peel the beets and chop them.
- After that you need to do is just blend yoghurt, beetroot, sugar, rose water and milk for few seconds and the lassi is ready.
- Adjust the amount of water and yoghurt
- Sieve the beet yoghurt mix (optional).
- Peel, wash and roast it on fire till you see burnt spots on the skin. Let it cool.
- In the blender blend everything together for few seconds.
- Sieve the blended lassi through a fine sieve.
**This step is optional, but it gives nice smooth texture to lassi.
- Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.
- You can use plain beet as well.
- you can add cardamom too.
- Serve it with or without ice cubes, but serve it chilled.
- You can use low, skimmed or full-fat yoghurt.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)