Beetroot (chukander) Lassi :
Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is an awesome, healthy and easy to make a homemade drink, especially during summers. If you like beet then definitely love refreshing Beetroot (chukander) Lassi, For this lassi, you just need to blend all the ingredients together, until you get a fine puree. Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is ready to serve.
more recipes from this blog you might like:
Level of cooking: Easy
- 150- gram beetroot
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt or more if required
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Water or as required
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoon Sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup Ice crushed optional
- Wash and scrub the beets well, Place the beets on individual foils and close the top of the foil by pinching it.
- Place the foil encased beets in a 200 degree C oven and roast for approx 15 minutes or till done.
- When cool, peel the beets and chop them.
Peel, wash and roast it on fire till you see burnt spots on the skin.
Let it cool and then chop.
Now put all the ingredients (yoghurt, beet, sugar, rose water and milk) into a mixer.
Blend all together until smooth.
finally, add water and adjust the amount of water and yoghurt according to your taste.
- Sieve the blended lassi through a fine sieve.
*This step is optional, but it gives nice smooth texture to lassi.
- Beetroot (chukander) Lassi is ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.
- You can use plain beet as well.
- you can add cardamom too.
- Serve it with or without ice cubes, but serve it chilled. You can use low, skimmed or full-fat yoghurt.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!