Aam Ki Launji:
Aam ki launji is a popular north Indian Sweet and sour raw mango relish. This sweet and spicy Aam ki Launji can be served with parathas or roti of your choice. So let’s start our preparation for making Raw Mango Launji.
More recipes from this blog you might like please do check:
Aam Ki Launji (Raw Mango Relish) Recipe (step by step with Photo)
Peel mangoes, remove seed and cut into half-inch pieces.
Over a medium flame, heat ghee or oil in a pan.
Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and asafetida.
When they crackle add the coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder.
Sauté for a minute or until a nice aroma comes out.
Add mango pieces to the pan. Stir and cook for 2-3 min.
Add sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
Mix well and cover it and cook for another 5-8 min or until Sugar dissolves and mango mixture becomes thick in consistency over a low flame.
Allow it to cool completely & serve.
Main Ingredients: Raw mango
Level of cooking: medium
- 1 cup raw mango peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds saunf
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander dhania powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder haldi
- 1/4 teaspoon Nigella seeds kalonji/onion seed, optional
- Asafetida a pinch
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar or to taste
- Peel mangoes, remove seed and cut into half-inch pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel, Nigella seeds, seeds and asafoetida.
- When they crackle add the coriander powder, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Saute for a minute or until a nice aroma comes out.
- Add mango pieces to the pan.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add sugar and ¼ cup of water.
- Mix well and cover it and cook for another 5 min or until Sugar dissolves and mango mixture becomes thick in consistency.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- You can use lightly yellow coloured mangoes in place of unripe mangoes.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of mango.
- You can also use grated mangoes instead of chopped.
If you liked this, please share. Thanks!